A proxy server is an intermediary between a computer and a system of servers. In simple terms, this is a remote intermediary computer that can connect you to the Internet as if from another country. The main function of a proxy server is to perform a “request-response” procedure in the world wide web environment. There are four main types of proxy protocols. Below we will tell you why you should buy ipv4 proxies.
There are no forbidden fruits
Sometimes when accessing the site, you can see a message that the use of the service is not available. By using a proxy, the ban can be bypassed. It is enough to connect to a special intermediary server and everything will work.
The provider will not assume that the user is trying to access a prohibited site (it will see the IP address not of the prohibited resource, but of the proxy server that is connected), so it will allow access.
The scope of IPv4 covers the basic needs of Internet users:
- With its help, the real IP addresses of the resource are replaced with the IP addresses of the proxy server and bypass restrictions on access to prohibited resources.
- A proxy server hides the user’s true location, allowing to browse anonymously (like Tor does). You can get data about the person who used the proxy only through the decision of a local or international court (depending on the location and the intermediary).
- Many companies restrict employees’ access to entertainment sites while on the job. A proxy server allows to bypass the restrictions by the system administrator.
Hereinafter, the moral aspects of using proxy servers are not considered, but only the functional and practical part of their operation.
Protocol of the same name
There are different types of proxies — IPv4 and IPv6, operating on the protocols of the same name. IPv4 is used in all devices, including computers. The basis of the protocol is a unique IP address assigned to each device on the network. IP addresses can be:
- public — on the Internet
- private — to create local networks
IPs are further subdivided into:
- static — unchanged IP
- dynamic — the address can change (reconnecting a computer or restarting a router)
The existence of the IPv6 protocol for data transmission is explained by the limited number of IP addresses in IPv4 — there are about 4 billion of them. During the years of its invention, it was impossible to predict how fast the Internet would develop. Therefore, a new technology was introduced in parallel — IPv6 with a large number of IP addresses. It’s rarely used, since the technology that supports the protocol standard is expensive.
IPv4 is a more affordable option, for example, Privateproxy offers services from $5 per month.
Using an IPv4 proxy
The usability of the IPv4 protocol is large:
- online games
- web sites
- various software
They are also used for:
- bypass blocking sites blocked by telecom operators
- open access to the site with closed addresses for the majority, which is often practiced in the English and American sectors of the global network
- promotion of sites and social networks (maintaining several accounts at the same time)
IP is an Internet protocol that allows combining individual devices into a global network. Every device has a unique IP address, from TVs and smart refrigerators to hosting websites.
Comparison of IPv4 and IPv6 features
The old IPv4 protocol, launched in 1982, has the following features:
- 4.3 billion available IP addresses
- 32-bit digital capacity (in the decimal number system, these are numbers from 0 to 255).
- high speed internet connection
- checking the integrity of the transmitted data by the TCP protocol
- a number of unresolved issues
The new IPv6 protocol, launched in 2006, has the following features:
- does not conflict with IP addresses based on the old protocol
- 128-bit digital capacity
- increased speed of connection and data transfer through the network
- data encryption by default
- checking the integrity of data without the participation of third-party protocols
- approximately 300 million unique IP addresses for every device in existence today
- the high cost of switching to new equipment that supports the protocol.
Experts (including Privateproxy specialists) estimate that IPv4 proxies will dominate the market for more than a decade. Because the global replacement of equipment that ensures the operation of the network as a whole is still an unsolvable task.
Cons and pros of iPv4
Experts and users consider scalability problems to be the main disadvantage of the protocol. It manifests itself not only in such a colossal interconnection of networks as the Internet, but also in large corporate networks. The problem consists of several points:
- insufficient 32-bit address space
- complexity of route aggregation and proliferation of routing tables
- complexity of mass change of IP-addresses
- relative complexity of handling IPv4 packet headers
In addition, IPv4 lacks the following mechanisms that are mandatory by modern standards:
- information security mechanisms
- service class support
The shortcomings of the protocol are fully compensated by its advantages. Such proxies can be used on any operating system and browser. When used, the site does not slow down and full protection is provided. The main advantages of IPv4 proxies are:
- stable work
- support on various devices
- multifunctional features
- complete security
Paid IPv4 proxies are affordable. They are ideal for site owners and social media accounts who need to provide additional protection.
An IPv4 proxy opens up many possibilities for users. After all, with their help you can remain anonymous. It’s important to emphasize that changing the IP address can be useful for various purposes. Also, a proxy helps to securely hide data and protect from scammers or blocking.